Low-carb diet does work perfectly to reduce excess weight. There are available non-vegetarian and vegetarian options for those who seek Indian diet plan.
Non-vegetarian low-carb diet options
Chicken, fish and eggs are a few delicious items commonly consumed among Indians. You may choose to have fluffy omelets with veggies for breakfast. For lunch, have grilled fish and tandoori chicken at night!
Egalitarian/vegetarian low-carb diet options
Low-carb veggies are found in plenty in India. It is necessary to select veggies having 4g carbs or less per 100 gram.
- Radish, cucumber, lettuce, spinach: They can be combined to prepare a healthy salad. They can also be steamed if proffered. Another good option is cheesy spinach soup.
- Cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower: You can prepare a dish out of these items. Cabbage and scrambled eggs do make excellent options for egalitarian. Cabbage and broccoli soup can be added to your meal.
- Pumpkin, Capsicum: Being low carbohydrate veggies, they do make tasty omelet, grilled veggies and salads. Pumpkin soup, salad or dish is also suggested.
- Eggplant: Raw brinjal is a low-carb veggie having just 2.2 carbs in 100 grams. Adding tomatoes and onion increases carb count. Cut eggplant to small, thin slices. Then add a few masalas to enhance taste and cook with minimal oil on Tawa.
- Fruits: Although there is less low-carb fruits present, you can enjoy having blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, but in moderation.
- Soya, Moong Dal: Soya chunks offer healthy proteins and should be part of your meal. Moong Dal is equally healthy and nutritious.
- Nuts: If hungry, you may have 5 walnuts or almonds, but not more.
- Dairy: Paneer and full fat milk are great choices, if consumed in moderation.
- Oils: You may have extra-virgin olive oil easily available at the leading stores. It has healthy fats. They just need to be drizzled over cold salads.
Hence, by choosing low-carb Indian diet, you are sure to stick to your weight-loss & fitness goals.