Pad Thai is a classic Thai stir-fried noodle dish that is loved by many around the world. This vegetable Pad Thai recipe is a vegetarian version of the classic dish, made with stir-fried vegetables, rice noodles, and a flavorful sauce. It’s a quick and easy dish that is perfect for a weeknight dinner. Here’s how to make vegetable Pad Thai at home:
- 8 oz (225g) rice noodles
- 2 cups mixed vegetables (bell peppers, bean sprouts, carrots, etc.)
- 1 cup firm tofu, cubed
- 2 eggs, beaten (optional)
- 1/2 cup peanuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons tamarind paste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes (optional)
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Cook the rice noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the soy sauce, tamarind paste, sugar, and chili flakes. Set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat. Add the tofu cubes and cook until they are golden brown on all sides. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the remaining oil and add the mixed vegetables. Cook until they are tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Push the vegetables to one side of the skillet and pour the beaten eggs into the other side. Scramble the eggs and mix with the vegetables.
- Add the cooked noodles, tofu, and sauce to the skillet. Toss everything together until well combined and heated through.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with chopped peanuts, cilantro, and green onions.
- Serve hot with lime wedges on the side.
- Feel free to customize the vegetables according to your preference and season. Other good options include broccoli, snap peas, and mushrooms.
- If you don’t have tamarind paste, you can substitute it with lime juice and brown sugar.
This vegetable Pad Thai is a flavorful and satisfying dish that is perfect for a weeknight dinner or for entertaining guests. Serve it with a side of Thai spring rolls and a Thai iced tea for a complete meal. Enjoy!
Discover more delicious recipes and diet-related articles on GSFoodie – your go-to destination for all things food!