Lo Mein is a popular Chinese dish made with egg noodles and stir-fried vegetables. This vegetable Lo Mein recipe is a quick and easy dish that is perfect for a weeknight dinner. It’s made with a colorful mix of vegetables and a savory sauce that is sure to satisfy your taste buds. Here’s how to make vegetable Lo Mein at home:
- 8 oz (225g) egg noodles
- 2 cups mixed vegetables (bell peppers, broccoli, carrots, snap peas, etc.)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce (use vegetarian oyster sauce for a vegetarian version)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
- Green onions, chopped, for garnish
- Cook the egg noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the soy sauce, oyster sauce, sugar, and sesame oil. Set aside.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until they are soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the mixed vegetables and cook until they are tender, about 7-10 minutes.
- Add the cooked noodles and sauce to the skillet. Toss everything together until well combined and heated through.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with sesame seeds and chopped green onions.
- Serve hot.
- Feel free to customize the vegetables according to your preference and season. Other good options include mushrooms, bean sprouts, and bok choy.
- You can add protein like tofu, chicken, or shrimp to make it a complete meal.
This vegetable Lo Mein is a quick and easy dish that is perfect for a weeknight dinner. It’s full of vegetables and a savory sauce that will satisfy your craving for Chinese takeout. Serve it with a side of vegetable spring rolls and sweet and sour sauce for a complete meal. Enjoy!