If planning for a hiking, camping or picnic, then it becomes essential to cook delicious, nutritious snacks. It should be mess-free, easy and simple to prepare without taking much time or energy.
Easy, Quick Snack For Outdoor Ventures
- Ranch style beans, 15 oz (1 can)
- Ground beef, 1/2 kg.
- Chili seasoning mix, probably with reduced sodium, 1 small pack
- Green chilies and diced tomatoes, 10 oz. (1 can)
- Corn chips, 1 oz. each (5 packs)
- Pepper, 1/4 tsp
- Choice of toppings like sliced onions, sour cream, shredded cheese, etc.
Take large pan and place over medium heat. Cook ground beef for 6 to 8 minutes and drain. Include green chilies, diced tomatoes and Ranch style beans along with pepper and seasoning mix. Stir all ingredients thoroughly and bring to boil. Once boiled, reduce heat and simmer for about 20 minutes until mixture gets thickened. Open up corn chip bag and top each one with choice of toppings and beef.
2. Dark Chocolate & Cranberry Trail Mix
- Sliced almonds, 1 1/2 cups
- Dried cranberries, 1 1/2 cups
- Coarsely chopped walnuts, 1 cup
- Dark chocolate chips, 1 1/4 cups
- Pistachios, 1/2 cup
- Raisins, 1 cup
- Vanilla ice cream or whipped cream (optional)
Take a large bowl and mix together all ingredients. To bring outdoors, store in Ziploc bags or airtight containers! You can enjoy trail mix as it is or along with whipped/ice cream.
- Salad dressing mix, 1 small pack
- Oyster crackers, 2 packs of 10 oz. each
- Dill weed, 1 1/2 tsp
- Canola oil, 3/4 cup
Take a small bowl and whisk salad dressing mix, dill weed and canola oil. Take another large bowl and put crackers in it and pour over them the dressing mixture. To coat, toss gently and allow it to stand for half an hour to an hour before serving. To use outdoors, store in Ziploc bag!