Banana bread is a classic comfort food that has been enjoyed by many for generations. It’s easy to make, deliciously moist, and a great way to use up overripe bananas that would otherwise go to waste. In this blog, we’ll provide you with a simple yet delicious banana bread recipe that will become a staple in your recipe book.
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mashed bananas and melted butter. Mix well.
- Add the baking soda and salt to the bowl and mix in.
- Stir in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour to the bowl and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour the mixture into the greased loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Let the banana bread cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing and serving.
Tips and Variations:
- For a healthier option, substitute half of the all-purpose flour for whole wheat flour.
- Add in some chopped nuts, such as walnuts or pecans, to add some extra crunch and flavor.
- Add in some chocolate chips for a delicious twist on traditional banana bread.
- Make mini loaves or muffins instead of a full loaf for easy portioning and sharing.
- For an even moister banana bread, add in a dollop of sour cream or Greek yogurt.
- Use brown sugar instead of white sugar for a richer, deeper flavor.
- Experiment with different spices, such as cinnamon or nutmeg, to add some warmth and depth to the bread.
In conclusion, banana bread is a versatile and delicious treat that can be enjoyed for breakfast, as a snack, or as a dessert. This simple recipe is easy to make and can be customized to suit your preferences. So the next time you have some overripe bananas, don’t throw them away – use them to make this delicious banana bread!