Welcome to our food haven, where today we’re diving into the world of banana bread. This comfort food classic has won hearts all over the globe, and for good reason. Our version of this beloved treat is not only incredibly moist but also packed with flavors that will keep you coming back for more. This banana bread recipe is perfect for using up overripe bananas and can be enjoyed for breakfast, dessert, or a quick snack. Let’s get started on this easy, delicious journey to baking bliss!
- 3-4 overripe bananas (the browner, the better)
- 1/3 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 4×8-inch loaf pan with butter or non-stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the overripe bananas using a fork or potato masher until smooth. You can leave a few small chunks for added texture if you prefer.
- Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas until well combined.
- Add the baking soda and pinch of salt to the mixture, and mix thoroughly.
- Next, add the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract. Stir until the ingredients are well incorporated.
- Gradually add the flour to the wet mixture, stirring gently until combined. Avoid overmixing, as this can result in a dense and chewy banana bread.
- If desired, fold in the chopped nuts or add the ground cinnamon for a warm and flavorful twist.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan, and smooth out the top with a spatula.
- Bake the banana bread in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. If the top begins to brown too quickly, you can loosely cover it with aluminum foil during the last 15 minutes of baking.
- Allow the banana bread to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
Our ultimate moist and flavorful banana bread recipe is sure to become a family favorite. The added cinnamon and nuts provide an optional twist, but even the basic version will leave you craving more. Enjoy this delicious treat with your morning coffee, or share it with friends and family as a scrumptious homemade gift. Happy baking!