This is going to be a very easy recipe for an irresistible and healthy breakfast.
In hotter times, we always want to start the day with more refreshing dishes. It is when we recover the fashion of smoothie bowls to take advantage of the seasonal fruit.
But we have found that you don’t need to use frozen ingredients to achieve a creamy and satisfying texture; A smoothie bowl like this one with mango and banana with red berries and chia is perfect for the whole year.
Ingredients: For 2 persons
– Ripe but still firm mango 1
– Banana at its peak 1
– Yogurt 150 g
– 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
– 1 pinch ground black pepper
– Peanut butter (or almond or tahini) 1 tablespoon
– Lemon zest: 0.5
– 1 teaspoon chia seeds (or to taste)
– Blueberries to taste
– Strawberry or strawberries to taste
– Make sure you have an aromatic and juicy mango, ripe but still slightly firm, just like the banana. Cut and peel to remove the pulp, reserving any juices that it can release. Chop and grind in a mincer, mixer, robot, or similar.
– Add the peeled banana and mash again. Add the drained yogurt and blend again. Then add the turmeric, pepper, lemon zest, peanut butter (or another vegetable cream) and activate the robot again to combine everything well. We can also add a touch of vanilla or use lime.
– Check the texture for lumps and taste. If it is very thick, we can reduce it with mango juice or by adding milk or orange juice. Distribute in bowls with the washed red fruits and chia seeds or another variety. Serve immediately.
For breakfast, snack, or lunch in the middle of the morning, this mango and banana smoothie bowl with yogurt can be taken as is or accompanied with coffee, tea, or whatever you like the most.