If you are in search of the best and healthy breakfast, then you should not miss checking out this recipe. It is avocado toast which can take multiple and varied forms. A typical combination is to crown the creamy base of the fruit with salmon, but in this recipe, we propose to use the softest cod. Also adding some fine asparagus in strips that add a very rich and healthy point of flavor and texture.
Ingredients for 2 plates:
– 2 slices of quality loaf bread,
– 1 small ripe avocado,
– 2-3 fine green asparagus,
– 80 g of smoked cod,
– 1 lemon,
– Provencal herbs to taste,
– Granulated garlic to taste,
– Extra virgin olive oil,
– Salt and black pepper.
– Wash the asparagus and pat dry.
– Cut the base if necessary, and remove the ribbons using a sharp vegetable peeler or mandolin. You can also cut strips with a good pulse and a good knife.
– Sauté very lightly in a pan or griddle with a little oil, leaving them al dente.
– Remove the pulp from the avocado and mash in a bowl with a pinch of salt, lemon juice, a little olive oil, aromatic herbs, granulated garlic, and black pepper.
– Toast the bread and mount the toasts spreading generous layers of the avocado cream, add the thinly sliced cod and the asparagus. Add a final touch of pepper and oil to taste.
You can also use a toaster, although we could also make it in the oven or using a frying pan. But these small appliances continue to occupy the kitchens of almost everyone because of the practicality of toasting bread in them. This model is ideal for preparing large loaf slices toasts, with a large capacity double long slot.