Fresh beets and hot horseradish give this brilliant purple stew a rich, flavor and aroma. For a warming lunch and dinner, prepare this healthful soup dish with a splash of sour cream. Beetroot might not be your favorite vegetable. But the horseradish crema only enriches its taste to a greater extent. So, you can follow this recipe to cook the best soup this holiday.
Here is the full recipe of the Beetroot soup: with horseradish cream:
- 2/TBS of olive oil
- 1 onion, split into 500g (1lb) pieces; 750g (1 1/2lb) of potatoes, peeled and diced. 600ml of diced and skinned beetroot (1pt) vegetable or chicken stock
- 3 1/2 fl oz of 100 ml soured half-fat cream
- 4-5 tablespoons heated horseradish and a few dill leaves (optional)
- In a big pan, heat half the olive oil. On a moderate flame, add the onion and cook it gradually for 5 minutes while tossing.
- While constantly mixing, add the potatoes and beets and simmer for 3–4 minutes. 500ml (17 fl oz) of water and the chicken or vegetable stock should be added.
- When the vegetables are soft, simmer for 20 to 25 minutes with a half lid on.
- Blend until smooth after adding half of the soured cream to the container. Horseradish should be added to taste after seasoning with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve with the leftover soured cream stirred in and, if desired, dill on top.
For more such amazing soups recipes, keep following us at our main page gsfoodie.com.