This is not a conversion lecture to our style of eating, but it may be perceived that way. Everyone is free to live according to their own beliefs, thus we have no issues with parents wanting to eat red meat or not feeding their children veggies. exactly like we do.
Having said that, we would feel quite uncomfortable if we didn’t feed the child the foods we think are healthy for her. So, we have come up with this First Meal soup for babies. If you are a new parent, aunt, or uncle, follow this recipe to make some amazing first meals for your child, niece, or nephew.
Here is the easy-to-make recipe for the first meal for your happy and satisfied child:
- 2/TBS of olive oil
- 2 green onions, 3 garlic pieces, 3 tiny carrots, 2 ribs of celery, 2 tsp. pure rosemary, and 2 bay leaves, all diced
- juice of half a lemon
- a half-glass of white wine
- a veggie stock of 8 cups
- Pearled barley, 1 cup
- 1 zucchini, divided into fourths
- Cut ten tomatoes in half.
- 2 cups green beans, fresh
- 1 cup freshly harvested borlotti beans that have been pre-boiled for 20 minutes.
- In a pot, add the garlic and onion. Let it cook for 5 minutes.
- Then, add rosemary, celery, carrots, lemon juice, and bay leaves. Let it cook for a few minutes, and then add white wine. Cook for two more minutes.
- Now, add the vegetable stock and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- Afterward, add the zucchini, barley, and tomatoes. Cook it for 25 minutes.
- Now, add the green beans, Belotti, and beans for ten more minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves. Add the pepper and salt as per your requirements.
- The soup is ready when all the vegetables are fully cooked.
- Serve the soup after adding fresh herbs.
For more such healthful soup recipes, follow us on our main website gsfoodie.com.