This lentil salad with salmon, avocado, and feta cheese is much more than that since it incorporates a good variety of ingredients, each one “pulling its own ground” in terms of flavor but combining perfectly which makes the mixture authentic.
Red pepper, feta cheese, mustard, lime, red onion, capers, and even tabasco (optional) complete the cast of this super salad that you are going to get hooked on.
– 400 gr of canned cooked lentils.
– 200 gr of marinated salmon (you can also use it fresh or smoked). Here is our recipe for marinated salmon.
– 1/2 red pepper.
– 1 avocado (the ideal is that it is neither green nor ripe, although if you have doubts, rather pulling towards the green to be able to cut it into cubes so that it does not fall apart).
– 1 tablespoon of old-fashioned grain mustard.
– 100 gr of feta cheese.
– 1/2 purple onion.
– The juice of 1/2 lime.
– 2 tablespoons of drained capers.
– A few drops of tabasco (optional).
– Olive oil and salt.
– Peel the onion, cut it into moons, and put it in a bowl covered with water and a splash of vinegar in case you want its flavor to soften a bit, although if raw-it suits you, you don’t have to do this step.
– Put the lentils in a colander, wash them with a stream of cold water and leave them to drain.
– Cut the salmon into small cubes and put them in a bowl. If the salmon you have is sliced, don’t worry, cut it into thin strips.
– Wash the red pepper, remove the seeds from the inside, cut it into sticks, and then into squares.
– Also cut the feta cheese into cubes and incorporate them.
– Cut the avocado in half and cut it into cubes. Add it to the bowl and sprinkle it with the lime juice so it doesn’t oxidize.
– Chop the capers lightly and put them in the bowl. Also mustard and (optionally) a few drops of tabasco (6-7 are enough to make it noticeable).
– Mix everything carefully so that the ingredients do not fall apart too much, especially the avocado. You can do it with a spoon. And once mixed properly – serve.