Peas are the only vegetables that are the favorite of every child. They are highly nutritious too. You can make this healthful soup for your children as well as your family so as to provide them with the best recipes. This is also a good recipe for the winter season. It is a good-feel soup.
Here is the complete recipe for the peas soup.
- 1/9 cup olive oil
- 1 large onion, roughly 1 1/2 cups, cut
- Low-sodium chicken broth in 2 1/2 cups
- Tarragon, dry, 1/3 teaspoon
- 5 teaspoons of salt
- black pepper finely ground
- one bag (10 oz) of chickpeas
- optional: 4 teaspoons of basic nonfat yogurt
- Olive oil should be heated over moderate heat in a big pot.
- When the onion is added, cover the pan and simmer it for about 5 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Bring to a simmer after adding the stock, herbs, salt, and a few grinds of freshly ground black pepper.
- Just enough time should be added to thaw the peas.
- The soup should be blended in 2 batches until very creamy.
- Add the soup to the pan and heat it just to a boil if serving warm.
- Put to the fridge to cool if serving chilled. Divvy up into bowls.
- Each dish should have a swirl of yogurt on top after you have smoothed out the yogurt.
To get more such recipes of healthful vegetables and fruits, follow us on Gsfoodie.com.