That soup is extremely orange! For a bright, low-calorie lunch, blend together six basic ingredients in a blender. This recipe takes about an hour, but you prepare the yummiest batch. So, it is worth the effort and energy. Orange and carrot ‘s tastes complement each other well.
Here is the complete recipe for the orange and carrot soup:
- 30g of butter
- 500g of small chunked carrots and 1 big onion
- 1 liter of vegetable stock 1 orange,
- juiced and half-zested 2 tablespoons of crème fraîche (optional)
- In a big pan, melt the butter before adding the onions and a dash of salt. Simmer until soft for 10 to 15 minutes.
- After cooking the carrot and orange zest for 3–4 mins while mixing, add the stock as well as bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 20 to 25 minutes, to ensure that the carrots are totally cooked, then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Mix in the oranges after blending with a stick blender until everything is creamy.
- If necessary, taste and add additional salt and pepper.
- If desired, top the dish with crème fraîche and additional pepper.
Note: You can make variations as per your requirements. You can add your favorite flavor, remove onion from the recipe or add any other favorite ingredient. Thus, make it your own.
For more such amazing soup recipes for fruits and vegetables, keep following us at the Gsfoodie.com.