This quinoa salad with vegetables, chicken, and Thai dressing contains a perfect combination of flavors and is ideal to have it warm in the cold months, or directly cool in summer.
– 300 gr of quinoa.
– 1 chicken breast.
– 1 onion.
– 1 red pepper.
– 3 carrots
– 80 gr of sweet corn.
– 50 gr of nuts (we have used sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and walnuts).
– 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds.
– 150 gr of feta cheese.
– 20 grams of raisins.
– Seed or sunflower oil, and salt.
For the Thai dressing:
– Juice of 1/2 lemon and its zest.
– Juice of 1/2 lime and its zest.
– 4 tablespoons of soy sauce.
– A little bit of fresh ginger.
– Coriander (you can also use parsley).
– 1 tablespoon of honey.
– 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar.
– Start by preparing the quinoa. It is necessary to wash it beforehand, so put it in a large bowl, add water until it covers the quinoa, and with your own hands or a spoon stir it a little.
– Now remove the water, dumping it little by little so that the quinoa does not come out, and repeat the operation until the water, after stirring it together with the quinoa, looks transparent.
– Pour plenty of water into a pot and let it boil again.
– When it’s done, drain it and let it rest to cool. While the quinoa is cooking, we can be preparing the rest of the recipe.
– Cut the chicken breast into thick fillets, and salt and pepper them on both sides.
– In a frying pan with a little oil, put the fillets, and brown them over medium-high heat lightly on both sides.
– Peel the onion and cut it small. Do the same with the red pepper.
– In a frying pan with a little oil and salt, over medium heat, sauté the onion and pepper.
– Meanwhile, grate the carrot, and when you have it ready, add it to the pan where the onion and pepper are. Skip it all for 5 minutes.
– Add the sweet corn, stir everything, and cook for 2 more minutes.
Now we are going to prepare the Thai dressing:
– Grate the half lemon and half lime, and drain their juice in a small bowl.
– Add the soy sauce, finely chopped ginger, honey, and rice vinegar, and stir together.
– Chop the finite coriander and add it to the dressing, and turn it so that everything is well mixed. Taste it and rectify it for any flavor to your liking.
– Finally, in a large bowl or salad bowl, mix all the salad ingredients except the dressing: the chicken, the vegetables, the nuts, the raisins, and the cheese. Stir everything carefully so that the ingredients do not fall apart too much, but that they are well mixed.