We have come up with a highly nutritious root soup, and delicious purple potato chips.
Here is the easy recipe for the root soup and purple potato chips.
- Root veggies weighing 2.2 pounds (1 kilogram) (celeriac, parsnip, Jerusalem artichokes, turnips root, parsley root.)
- 1 onion, cut into chunks and skinned
- Sliced garlic cloves, four
- 2 cups (500 ml) (500 ml) prepared white beans
- Water, 1 to 1 1/2 liters, 4 to 6 cups
- White wine, one-half cup (125 ml)
- 1/2 lemon juice
- A few sprigs of fresh oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste, 2 tablespoons of olive oil
Purple potato chips prepared at home
- 5 kilogram (1 pound) of purple potatoes (you can use other kinds of potatoes)
- sprinkle some sea salt
- 200°C/400°F oven temperature.
Instructions for the Soup
- Wash the root vegetables thoroughly, cut them into large pieces, and lay them on a baking sheet with the onion and garlic. 45 minutes in the oven, or until brown and tender within.
- Remove the raw vegetables from the microwave, let them cool somewhat, and then either use an electric mixer or place them in a food processor.
- Add beans and water. Blend it well. (start with 4 cups and add more as necessary).
- Place the stew in a pot, bring it to a boil over medium heat, and then stir in the white wine, lime juice, and oregano.
- Add salt and pepper after bringing the mixture to a boil.
- After taking it off the heat, mix in the olive oil.
- Top with homemade potato chips and fresh basil and serve in bowls.
For the Purple Potatoes
- Make paper-thin slices of the potatoes with a slicer or a sharp knife.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes, or until the edges begin to softly brown.
- Every 5 minutes, rotate them.
- When finished, take from oven and season with salt.
For more soup recipes, keep visiting our website gsfoodie.com.