We are bringing you the most delicious cold and sweet summer Danish Koldskaal dish from yore and custom (Cold Bowl). Like it was done in the past, this recipe only calls for a few basic ingredients. This is suitable for a scorching summer. It keeps you cool, and happy in summer.
Here is the full recipe of the Koldaskal recipe:
- Four egg yolks
- Plain yogurt with 3.5% fat per liter
- Buttermilk, 1 liter
- 2 tbsp. real sugar
- one vanilla bean
- 1 tablespoon sugar (mixed with the vanilla bean)
- 1-tablespoon lemon juice
- You have to make a mixture first for making this soup. To make an airy and frothy batter, beat the egg yolks and sugars with a hand mixer.
- Add the vanilla beans to the bowl. Make sure the vanilla beans do not have vanilla seeds. One spoonful of sugar is combined with the vanilla seeds.
- The egg yolks and vanilla seed are whisked together.
- Egg yolks and yogurt are whisked together. In three to four additions, mix well before each addition of yogurt.
- Finally, stir in the buttermilk well. using lemon juice to flavor.
- The buttermilk soup (Koldskl) should be refrigerated. The vanilla bean mixture still tastes fantastic even if you put the empty beans in the basin.
- Serve it in beautiful bowls.
Note: Buttermilk soup is best served with Danish Kammerjunker or fresh berries ( also, small cookies).
For more such amazing soup recipes, make sure to visit our website gsfoodie.com