The simplicity of this chilled tomato soup is exactly what summertime dishes should be. You can mix it up and have it prepared in a matter of minutes with only a few excellent tomatoes and other pantry staples. Although we garnish it with bread croutons and fresh dill, the richness of the taste only increases.
- Five to six large tomatoes (600 g/1.5 lb)
- Half a cucumber
- 1 pepper, bell
- Your finest cold-pressed olive oil, 3 tablespoons
- 1-2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar or cider vinegar.
- 1 clove of garlic
- Half a red chili (optional)
- A few fresh basil and dill leaves
- A few salty pinches
- A few peppercorns of black pepper
- Sourdough croutons as a garnish
- Dill blossoms or fresh bunches
- Finely sliced cucumber or red pepper
- An olive oil drizzling
Crusty Bread Croutons
- 2/TBS of olive oil (or butter)
- Sourdough bread, two slices,
- 1 garlic clove,
- Salt, and pepper
For the Gaspacho
- Add the pureed bell pepper, cucumber, and tomatoes.
- Now, add olive oil, salt, pepper, vinegar, and garlic to the saucepan. You can add more salt or other ingredients as per your taste.
- You can serve it hot or cold. It depends on yoru taste.
- freshly blended.
For the Croutons
- Add the oil and garlic to the pan.
- Now, fry the bit-sized bread in the saucepan.
- Cook the bread until it reaches a crunchy texture.
- Discard the garlic, and the croutons are ready.
Serve the Soup
- Now, serve the soup in the bowls. You can add sourdough croutons, fresh dill, and flowers as well as a bit of oil and ground black pepper.
To read about more such innovatively delicious Soup recipes, keep visiting us at Gsfoodie