One of the most nutritional vegetables is sweet potatoes, apples, carrots, and lentils. Some of them are only available in winter. And what would be the best way to consume vegetables while receiving their nutritional value is by cooking them into soups. We have come up with a unique recipe for sweet potato, carrot, apple, and red lentil soup.
Here is the detailed recipe for this soup:
- 1/4 cup of butter
- Chop two large sweet potatoes after peeling them.
- 3 big, peeled, and chopped carrots
- Peeled, cored, and cut one apple
- one sliced onion
- Red lentils, 1/2 cup
- 1/2 teaspoons fresh minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper, ground
- 1 salt shaker
- 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp. of chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 4 cups of veggie broth
- simple yogurt
- First of all, you should place all the vegetables in a pan along with the butter. Bring them to a boil. Then, add carrots and apples. Cook them well.
- Gently, stir the lentils, ginger, salt, cumin, chili powder, paprika, ground black pepper, and vegetable broth in the saucepan along with the apples and veggie mixture.
- Over high heat, bring the soup to a boil. After that, lower the temperature to medium-low, seal the pot, and simmer for about 30 minutes, or until the veggies and beans are tender.
- Smoothen the soup using a blending machine.
- Bring the blended soup back to the stove.
- Over medium-high heat, cook for 10 minutes.
- To smooth the soup to the desired consistency, add water as needed. Yogurt may be added as a garnish.
To get your hands on such amazing recipes, keep visiting us every day on Gsfoodie.com.