This recipe for banana bread toasts is going to win you over. An espresso cake and a hot desert full of aromas and flavor.
To make these banana bread toasts, we start with a sponge cake that is prepared in just two steps, a classic American-style banana bread.
As the cake is consistent and somewhat dry, it is served buttered and toasted in the pan and served hot with honey or syrups. One of those little weekend sins that make us so happy.
Ingredients for a 25 cm cake:
– 3 medium-sized ripe bananas
– 220 g all-purpose wheat flour
– 1 tablespoon baking powder
– 1 tablespoon of baking soda
– 3 eggs
– 180 g of sugar (better if it is brown)
– 100 ml of sunflower oil
– 50 ml of milk or half natural yogurt (60 gr)
– Optional: 1 tablespoon of vanilla essence
– Butter and 1 sliced banana for garnish
– To start, we preheat the oven to 180 ° C and we grease a cake mold very well with butter.
– In the blender glass we put the bananas, the eggs, the vanilla, the sugar, the oil, the milk, and the eggs. We beat everything together until the mixture binds very well.
– Then add the flour and yeast and mix very well.
– We put the mixture in the mold and bake for 60 minutes in the middle of the oven and with heat up and down. We check with a toothpick that it is well cooked.
– We let the cake cool before unmolding.
– This banana bread is a consistent, compact, and rather dry sponge cake, and although Americans serve it that way, we are going to give it a special touch by turning it into toasts. Keep it as a normal sponge cake, in a cool and dry place, and you will prepare the toasts when serving.
– To make the banana bread toasts, cut the cold sponge cake into thick slices (about 2 cm). We spread them on both sides with butter and brown them in a frying pan over medium heat for 1 minute on each side until they are just right, without burning.
– They are served warm, drizzled with a little honey and a few slices of banana.