This nourishing lentil soup is really simple and has a cheese-topped mushrooms garnish. I enjoy making it at the beginning of the week and then eating it for days; it is even more delicious the next day.
Here is the amazing recipe of the Chanterelle and Lentil soup.
- One little yellow onion
- 1 medium celery stalk
- two little carrots
- Olive oil, 1/4 cup plus more for drizzling
- Bay leaf, one
- 2 cups dry French or brown lentils of Puy (about 14 ounces)
- Half a cup of dry white wine
- 8 cups of low-sodium vegetable broth or 2 (32-ounce) cartons, divided
- Double-concentrated tomato paste, 1 tbsp (from a tube)
- Freshest chanterelle mushrooms, 8 ounces
- 1 1/2 ounces of grated Parmesan cheese (about 1/3 cup)
- 6 to 8 fresh sprigs of parsley
- Unsalted butter, two tbsp
- 12 teaspoons kosher salt plus some additional amounts as necessary
- Black pepper finely ground
- For preparing sofrito, you should mix all of the ingredients – two small carrots, one celery stalk 1 medium, and 1 tiny yellow onion.
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil and add the vegetables. Cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in the lentils after adding them.
- Add half a cup of dry white wine and heat for approximately a minute, or until evaporated.
- Stirring until dissolved, add 1 tablespoon of tomato paste and Seven cups of vegetable broth. Simmer with the lid on, stir to combine, and adjust the heat as necessary.
- Remove the pot from the stove when the lentils are fully cooked.
- In a medium-greased or cast iron skillet on medium-high heat, soften 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter.
- Add the mushrooms and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes, or until they are tender.
- Add some black pepper and 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt to season.
- When the Parmesan is melted and the mushroom has a shiny covering, add it and toss. Take the skillet from the stove. Stir in the parsley after adding it.
- Serve the soup in bowls. Add the cheese as toppings.
Check More Soup Recipe Blogs