Even the coldest days will feel warm thanks to Sri Lanka’s delectable sunchoke soup. It has the most nutritional value. You can remove any ingredient if you do not like its taste. However, we recommend that you taste it using its original recipe. Then, we welcome your variations, as you must make them your own.
Here is the complete recipe for the best foamy leek and sunchoke soup:
- One-fourth cup of unsalted butter
- 8 leeks, washed and diced, with just the white and light greenish parts.
- Peeled and finely chopped two medium russet potato
- 5 pounds of thoroughly cleaned sunchokes, commonly known as Jerusalem artichokes
- 1 teaspoon salt, coarse
- 6 cups of chicken stock
- heavy cream, 1 cup
- One freshly grated nutmeg pinch
- white peppercorn coarsely ground
- Sunchoke chips that have been fried, with pomegranate seeds on top.
- In a sizable saucepan set over a moderate flame, melt the butter.
- Add the leeks and stir-fry for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Add the stock, salt, and potato; simmer for about 30 mins or until the vegetables are cooked.
- Mix the contents until smooth after adding it to the container of a strong blender.
- Now, add the white pepper, then heavy cream and cinnamon are the next additions.
- Come back to the stove and stir slowly over medium-high heat for a few minutes
- It is ready to be served now.
- Garnish with pomegranate and sunchoke chips as garnishes.
To get more such amazing food and soup recipes, visit our main website gsfoodie.com.