We all love eating vegetables in any form and preparing a cream or soup with them. And so, here we come up with our all-time favorite tomato soup recipe.
– 800 gr of ripe tomatoes.
– 2 cloves of garlic
– 1/2 medium onion.
– 200 ml of homemade vegetable broth or water.
– 1 medium carrot.
– 1 tablespoon of wheat flour.
– 4 fresh basil leaves.
– 1/2 dessert teaspoon of sugar (optional).
– Olive oil, salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
– To decorate some fresh basil leaves and feta cheese, fresh or mozzarella.
– Peel and mince the onion very finely and do the same with the garlic cloves.
– Peel the carrot and also cut it into small pieces.
– Put a little oil and salt in a pot and add the onion, garlic, and carrot. Let everything cook together over medium heat stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes until they start to brown. If the vegetables stick or brown, lower the heat and add a little water to them.
– Add the flour and mix it with the vegetables for 1 minute. This will help the soup to thicken a bit more afterward and cooking the flour will not taste raw.
– Tomatoes should be used without the skin so you can opt for several methods.
– In any case, we recommend you strain the tomatoes once they have been crushed to avoid those skins and seeds.
– Add the tomatoes to the pot along with 4 or 5 chopped basil leaves, a little salt, sugar, and vegetable broth.
– Increase the heat so that it is high and when the mixture begins to boil lower the heat so that it is soft and cook for 30 minutes.
– Once the tomato soup is ready, crush it and you are ready. Try it in case you have to rectify it with salt, and if you want it thicker, you just have to put it back in the saucepan and heat it until it has the texture you want.
– To serve and decorate it you can put some cubes of feta cheese, chopped fresh basil, and a drizzle of olive oil.