Obesity is one of the major issues in the US. To lose excess weight or to stop the weight gain, diet played the most important part. What food to have and what to avoid really can make a difference. So, what food/meal would be the healthiest for you to have for dinner.
There are many food items you could have for dinner while gaining the required protein and not gaining weight.
- Salmon: Any seafood, in general, would provide you a significant amount of iodine. It contains the required protein, healthy fats along various nutrients. All the nutrients it provides are for your thyroid to function properly along with keeping your metabolism healthy.
- Lean Beef and Chicken: Despite being claims of meat being unhealthy and creating heart problems, according to many types of research, unprocessed red meat is good for your health. Meat contains high protein which is the major reason why it is weight loss friendly. Eating a high protein diet can help you lose 80-100 more calories.
- Boiled Potatoes: Potatoes contain several properties which not only benefit your health but help in controlling weight gain. It contains Pottasium which controls blood pressure. If you let boiled potatoes let cool down, it will form resistant starch which is essential for your good health. Sweet potatoes, turnips, and other root veggies can also help you in controlling excessive weight gain.
- Tuna: Again, Tuna is a low-calorie and high protein food which means it will help you lose some weight. It is such a popular food item for those who do bodybuilding due to Tuna provides high protein intake while keeping the fat and calories to the minimum.
- Avocados: Avocados are more popular amongst people who are on a regular diet. They contain high monounsaturated oleic acid. Avocados also contain fiber and a lot of water despite them being mostly healthy fat.
The bottom line is that you could have a high protein intake which would help you burn more calories.