As we know, kids will not agree to eat zucchini anyway. So, we have come up with a delicious and palatable adult zucchini soup. We have enriched the taste of zucchini by adding a few herbs and white wine. Here is the recipe for the zucchini soup:
- 2/TBS of olive oil
- 1 onion, yellow
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- Half a cup of cream or coconut cream in 120 ml
- a number of herbs (we use dill and mint, but basil is good too)
- 1 lemon
- 1 large or 2 smaller courgettes or zucchini
- a large amount of fresh spinach
- White wine, 1/2 cup, 120 ml
- 2 cups or 500 ml of vegetable stock
- Cumin and black pepper
- Add oil to a saucepan.
- Now, put the peeled and chopped onion along with sliced celery and smashed garlic.
- Let it simmer in a saucepan for five minutes on medium heat.
- Now, add the roughly diced Zucchini.
- You can also add spinach. (But it depends on your taste. Not a necessary step)
- Add the white wine. Give it a boil for cooking the alcohol. Then, you can add the vegetable stock and the cream.
- Now, is the optimal time to add the herbs and smoothen the soup with the help of a hand blender.
- Keep adding the stock until it reaches the desired thickness.
- Taste the soup. Add the lemon juice, pepper, salt, and more herbs if required.
- Now, serve the soup in a bowl or glass. You can serve it with Quinoa, a dollop of sour cream, or finely chopped red onion.
Visit the GSfoodie for more amazing food blogs.