This recipe is perfect to prepare with children, to share with friends, or to make a sweet gift.
You already know that classic cookies are cookies with chocolate chips of American origin, as delicious as they are easy to prepare. In this recipe, we have prepared them according to the original recipe, with chocolate chips, but you can choose other fillings.
Ingredients for 30 large cookies:
– 350 g of flour
– 200g butter
– 200 g of sugar (better equal parts brown sugar and white sugar)
– 150 g of very cold chocolate chips, a few hours in the freezer or refrigerator (you can also add a handful of chopped nuts)
– 2 eggs
– 1 pinch of salt
– A teaspoon of baking powder
– 1 tablespoon of vanilla powder or vanilla essence
– Preheat the oven to 190 ºC.
– In the bowl, beat the butter with the sugar until you have a cream, add the vanilla and the eggs. Beat again until everything is integrated and then add the chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate but it is very cold), mixing well. You can also add a handful of chopped walnuts.
– There must be a compact and moldable dough with the appearance of crumbs.
– Form some balls and crush them with your hand. You can give them the size you want. For a medium-size, roll into balls like a ping pong ball. You have to distribute them on a greased tray, leaving space between them because they grow a lot. Shape them with wet hands or with a scoop to make them even.
– Bake for 10 to 15 min. or until they start to brown. Remove and let cool to room temperature. Until they are completely cooled, they do not harden and acquire their texture.
Tips and Comments:
– Adding a couple of tablespoons of cocoa powder, grated coconut, or soluble coffee to the mix, we have different varieties of cookies.
– They keep for a long time in an airtight container.