Food is a fundamental factor when it comes to following a healthy lifestyle. For this reason, it is very important to know how to plan a healthy weekly menu, incorporating a wide variety of foods that provide you with all the nutrients and energy for your day today.
Here we want to teach you how to plan your healthy weekly menu with examples of healthy and delicious recipes, healthy eating begins with good planning.
How to plan your healthy menu?
To perfectly plan your entire menu, you must take into account the five recommended meals a day:
It has always been said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Of course, it is the food that will give you the energy necessary to maintain physical and intellectual performance in the first hours of the day.
A complete breakfast in your healthy weekly menu should include:
– Dairy: you can choose between a glass of milk or yogurt, for example.
– Cereals: sugar-free cookies, bread, or whole grains…
– Fruit: we advise you to choose fresh fruit for your breakfast, it will provide you with more vitamins and fiber than fruit juice.
– Occasionally you can add some protein such as nuts or cooked ham.
– You can see more examples of healthy children’s breakfasts on our blog.
The best way to achieve adequate nutritional status is to incorporate a wide variety of foods from all food groups (proteins, carbohydrates, and fats) into your main meals.
It is also very important to be able to innovate with rich and nutritious recipes using different cooking techniques. Here are some tips so you can plan your menu correctly:
– Opt for salads and/or vegetables as a garnish, such as a Greek salad with yogurt sauce or a fruit salad
– Prioritize the consumption of fish, you can prepare incredible recipes such as:
– Grilled octopus with potatoes
– Baked fish with garlic sauce
– Finally, remember that the best dessert option is a piece of fruit or yogurt.
Dinner is, generally, the last meal of the day and we must try to consume those foods in the pyramid that we have not consumed at lunch. We should also try to eat easy-to-digest foods, such as cooked vegetables, soups, fish.